Friday, August 6, 2010

Cirque du Freak review

I finally got the chance to read the last Cirque du Freak book: Sons of Destiny. I have to say it was both what I expected it, and what I didn't. To me it seemed that the end of the series had two ending, because just one of those involved what was really going on with the rest of the series. The other, basically changed everything. I will, however, talk no more because you should read them.

If you have not heard of them, well the story is basically about a young boy that becomes a half vampire and starts on a series of events and treks that take him to many amazing places. Maybe you've seen the movie, Vampire's assistant. I thought it was okay. The books are always better than the movie though, as you might already know.

Well, I also have to say that the thing I most liked about Cirque du Freak was all the many characters I got to meet. They were each really unique and special in their own way. If you've read any of the books, you'll know what I am talking about when I mention Harkat Mulds. He was my favorite.

I thought that the series was very well written, and it always kept me hooked. I really didn't always know what to expect. Even though I didn't read all the books, I started with the fourth one, Vampire Mountain, I always loved the way the prologue told what had happened since the beginning. That way, if I had taken a break in between reading the books , I always knew what was going on. But, ugh, why am I telling you that? If you are interested in a different kind of vampire story, something other than twilight. Ugh.Well go ahead and try this series out. I know that it'll  keep you hooked.
Until next time,
Annie

If you have a chance read this other review about Cirque Du Freak:
http://www.subter.com/is/?p=119

No comments:

Post a Comment