Friday, June 13, 2014

My healthy recipes

I don't know if you guys remember when I posted up about things I do to try to stay healthy. I had someone ask if I could share one of the recipes I mentioned in that post and I figured that I might as well share some of my other recipes. Just a couple though because if I were to write every single one this post would be way too long. So without further ado, here are a couple of the healthy recipes I have been trying:


Banana-Strawberry Smoothie:
I don't want to take credit for this recipe because Manny actually came up with it I just changed it up a bit and made it a bit healthier.
Ingredients:
Banana
Strawberries
Milk
Low fat Yogurt
Sweetener of your choice (Sugar, Honey, stevia)
Directions:
I could technically tell you just to blend everything in the blender because that is what we do and that is how I learned to make this smoothie, but there are a couple of things I want to mention that make this smoothie taste so much better. A little tip I learned through YouTube videos is that you can freeze your bananas and strawberries (Just cut them into pieces and then place them in zip lock bags in the freezer over night) this will erase the need to add ice to make the consistency of the smoothie a little bit like ice cream. I love the consistency better when I have frozen my fruits over night. Also, an extra thing I like to add to it, is a tablespoon of Chia Seeds. They don't change the flavor or anything but they are good for you :) (Oh! I recommend you using low fat milk as well)

My Extra Sweet Green Juice
Now this one I came up with it all on my own!
Ingredients:
Spinach
Alfalfa
Strawberries
Apple
Coconut Water
Directions:
Making juice is fairly simple, I do not understand why I never tried it before. I don't even need a juicer! For this one I like to freeze only my strawberries, and I always make sure they are cut in really tiny pieces because if I don't then my Magic Bullet starts making funky noises. Anyway, I like to cut one apple into very tiny pieces, and put it in my blender, I add in my frozen strawberries, spinach and sometimes some alfalfa. When you have filled your blender with the ingredients add in the coconut water (Make sure it is water! Not milk or anything else, it should be clear!) After you add the water blend away! After it is done you should have like a green-pinkish consistency but once you strain the juice so you don't get any of the green leftovers or strawberry seeds it will look a very light green. I have to tell you it is so yummy! It doesn't even need any sugar.

Those are some of my Healthy recipes, if you guys liked this type of post let me know in the comments below so I can come up with more recipes for you guys because I actually have a couple more that I can share with all of you :)

Let me know and I'll make sure to add more of those,
have a wonderful weekend,
Andy

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the recipe girl... i think i could even add some ice cream to it hmm, dont you just love creating new things haha.. ttyl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea! Manny did that once!! It makes it a hundred times better!! :)

      Delete