Friday, June 20, 2014

Time Organization

Life is so much busier when you are an adult. I have recently noticed that my time has significantly shortened, at least it feels like it. I figured I would write a little about this.

I haven't had time to do my blogilates, I believe I mentioned this before, it is the way that I work out. With my time shortened lately I can't do my videos and I end up very tired at the end of the day. I thought that I should come up with some things and tips to fix my schedule and my time organizing because it is getting to a point where I ended up backed up in my chores and in my other duties at home. (i.e. My writing and videos).

I want to clarify something before I go on. I have not put any of these tips to use yet. So I do not know if it will have a positive change in my actual schedule. I can come back in a couple of weeks and let you know if they worked for me.

Time Organizing Tips:

  • To begin, first I must start to get up earlier. Honestly, I have never been an early riser, I am for sure not a morning person. However, I believe that it is essential to wake up early everyday and go to sleep in a timely manner. Whenever I wake up early I ended up squeezing in a nap during the day. BAD!! I mean if you are really tired, a ten or twenty minute nap is fine. However, not an hour nap.
  • Second, get into a routine. I understand that sometimes routine gets boring, but I am not saying everything has to be a routine. If you just get in the habit of doing the things you must do throughout the day, eventually you will be able to do everything like if it was nothing. For example, I am trying to get into the routine of at least doing one load of laundry a day so that I don't have to struggle at the end of the week with a ton of dirty clothes.
  • Third, stop procrastinating. Yes, you do it, I do it. We tend to like to procrastinate and then blame it on "I don't have enough time," I do this too much so I figured that is the easiest way to get more time. Just get what you need to get done, done!
  • Fourth, find something fun to do. When you are getting things done in your day, find something fun to do so that your day doesn't seem boring. I like to listen to music, watch YouTube videos, or read a book. I know that this sounds not productive and you feel like this must be a waste of time if you are trying to save time. However, I believe that this will actually help out. I think this because sometimes we don't get things done because we don't feel good about our day or ourselves, or we are bored.
  • My last tip for today is, prioritize. Make a list of everything that you have to do and then do the more important things first. Get the things that matter the most (or maybe if they are going to take longer). If you have an idea of the important things that you need to get done, you'll get them done and time will be enough.
I have not tried this because well, I am a normal person and it takes time for someone to get into a routine. I have tried this in the past week and so far everything is looking good. I will let you guys know how everything works.

I just wanted to share this with you guys and I hope you guys find these helpful.
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment