Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 1(Creative Writing) - Something I love

Something I love...
Something I love is reading, wow aren't I so funny? Out of everything I could have chosen I chose reading... Nice going Annie, well yeah it is true, but I only chose reading  because if it had said someone it would have been one and only one person.

Okay, so reading is like going into a whole different world for me. I used to read because it was the way that I escaped.
If I felt sad, I read a book
If I felt angry, I read a book
If I felt happy, I read a book
If I wanted a friend, I read a book
If I wanted to know something about love, I read a book

Funny how it was the only thing I'd do, no matter how I felt, it was always a book. Now it is music.... Well no, that is worded wrong, now it is reading AND music. Both of those are my escapes...

Reading wasn't about the words on the pages, but more about the world in between all those pages. I always loved the whole new world in there. That is what brought me to writing too, I started reading, and I decided that I should be able to create a whole new world like all those books.. So since this is about reading and books... practically, I'll attach a poem I wrote once....
Hope you like it (:
Ode to Books
Books, words, pages,
They wouldn’t be alive if writers had not been born through the ages.
All the words and letters that had been spoken
Will never let the spell be broken.
All the fantasy fairies,
All the boys that get stuffed with berries,
Where were they found? I ask.
Books, where else, that is their task,
To write, bring alive all those worlds
That danced and swirled.
The spells, the magic, the elves,
The fearless vampires, the scary wolves,
The rubies, diamonds, time machines
And all those troubled teens.
Where do you find all those unexplained realities?
Where else but in the books with abnormalities.

Annie♥

No comments:

Post a Comment