Wednesday, May 21, 2014

How society nowadays reacts to Gay Individuals

Ellen Degeneres
It literally took me hours to figure out what to write today. I just could not figure out what to write about today, as in worldly issues so I figured that might not be a thing I should write about on a weekly manner. Maybe once in a while because that is the one thing that takes me so long to figure out. However, I am still thinking about what to write about. It also took me long to figure out if I should write about the topic at all because it is a touchy subject with some people. At the end I thought, it is my blog, I decide what goes on here and what doesn't.

This might be a sensible topic to write about because there are still many people that are against it, however, as the months go by more and more people accept it. I am sure you can see where this is going and probably judging by the title you know what this is about.

I have been watching more than a few shows at a time during the past couple of months and I found it strange at first that so many of them were accepting the appearance of gay characters. For example, The Fosters, it is a show
Jodie Foster
about a family with two moms, yes they are gay. The show is about their struggle to fit in society and have their family be accepted, however, that is a minor conflict of the show. The show focuses on other issues that have nothing to do with the fact that they live in a gay household. I have also seen things like this in other shows. The show Twisted that just came out this year has a couple of instances where the topic is plainly portrayed.

Honestly, I have no problem with this. I think that gay people are actually very happy. I have a relative who is gay and he is a really close friend of mine. Since I am talking to friends, I'll let you in on a secret, I think all girl
s should have a guy friend who is gay. I, quite truly think it is amazing to have a friend like that because they have so many opinions. I know that my cousin might be reading this so Hey! I love you! (LoL)

Zachary Quinto
Gay people are normal people and for years they were segregated away from society. It was something to be ashamed of, and I am happy that they are finally getting the respect that they deserve. I am actually happy that it is becoming something that is considered normal, instead of something that should be looked down upon. I know that there are many people who are still against it and they see it like something that society should be ashamed of, but that is not the case. I don't understand why some people are just so scared of this concept, which is not a concept any longer, it is a fact. Have you taken a look at all the actors and actresses that have proudly announced that they are gay? Jodie Foster, I am sure you have heard of her, amazing actress; Ricky Martin, Latin Musician; Raven Symone, from the show.... yes you guess right, That's so Raven; Matt Bomer, if you are familiar with the show White Collar; Zachary Quinto, if you are familiar with him it is from either from Star Trek, or the show Heroes;  Of course, Ellen DeGeneres, an amazing lady, she is also very funny, has her own show and does the voice for Dory (Finding Nemo).

So yea, have a nice day guys,

Andy :)


PS. I want everyone to know that these are my opinions and I am in no way trying to change your beliefs or your point of view. This post just shows my opinions and my beliefs. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment