Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My journey trying to jump start my business

Some of you guys may or may not know about how I make candles. I started this about a year ago, shortly after I moved in with my husband when we were just dating. One day, I just realized that I wanted to make candles, it started as a silly idea but it grew slowly. I commented this to my husband and he insisted that I start selling them. I told him about my logo idea and together we came up with a name. Crazy how things are born in an instant.

Slowly, we started buying the supplies that I needed to start making the candles on my own. I found a great website and bought myself enough supplies to make about 16 candles. I made them and then slowly sold them. With the money we made from that, we decided to buy even more supplies to get more candles going and spread the word and that is how the business got started.

At the beginning of this year I had so many things going on. I was about to get married. My mom was fighting for the well being of my little sister, I was worried about my former dog, and so on. Point is I had so many worries that I completely brushed aside my candles. I stopped selling them and I stopped researching on how to get the legal things straight. I was disappointed on myself. It really sucked and a couple of weeks ago, when I decided I wanted to get back on track I found out that I would have to start from scratch. Start making more investments, start buying more supplies and continue to sell, technically from door to door with my family.

Honestly, I do see myself owning this business. It is not the fact that it is just a business in general but the fact that I love making candles, and I see myself growing old with this obsession. I know it is kind of weird and you probably want to click away from this page as you read this but if you got this far continue on. I know everyone has a passion, something they see themselves doing for the rest of their lives because I know for a fact that I want to work and do something that I love and that I enjoy. For me that is the art of candle making.

One day you will see me working from home and selling hundreds of candles a day.....

Watch me go,
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment