Thursday, May 22, 2014

Why I drink Green Tea every morning

I figured that I would let you guys into a little secret of mine. Since I used to work at Starbucks I developed a slight addiction to Green Tea. I don't know if you guys know but I did used to work at Starbucks and there my very favorite drink is the Green Iced Tea, Ah-mah-Ziing!

After I left my store I have always had some Green tea at home. It has to be Zen, which is not pure green tea but has a little bit of lemongrass on it to intensify the flavor. Anyway, I always have some tea bags at home and I usually drink it every morning and sometimes in the afternoon. It is delicious and it has a little of caffeine in it so it gives you a little boost of energy.

I got a little curious and decided to research the good properties of green tea. I mean I already knew that Green tea is really good for you and it is a great way to hydrate yourself without too much sugar. It actually has plenty of health benefits. Green tea has been shown to improve blood flow and lower cholesterol, it is very good for the heart. Since it helps blood flow it is very good with blood pressure and can help keep blood sugar stable in people with diabetes.

I also found out that green tea can have a major effect in your metabolism and help you lose weight. It allows you to burn more calories from fat and studies show that it also helps you keep your weight once you have lost it.

Another amazing perk of green tea, it is a great  stress reliever. The plain activity of sitting down and drinking tea is calming in itself. Green tea also has an amino acid that provides a calming effect.

Lastly, I found a couple of tips that give you the best of your Green tea.

  • Don't add boiling water to your green tea, 160-170  degree water will keep all the good properties of the tea intact.
  • Add lemon, Vitamin C makes the compounds in green tea easier to absorb. Dairy, actually makes the compounds harder to be absorbed.
  • Levels of the healthier compounds in green tea vary. More expensive green teas will usually have more, and canned green teas will generally have less.

So if you guys are looking for an alternative to sugary drinks, you can make the switch to green tea because you can have this iced or hot. If you guys want to check out where I got the information from, this is the website: WebMD

Thanks for reading, have a nice day guys :)
Andy

2 comments:

  1. You should buy tea bags at target. they sell them all over the place

    ReplyDelete