Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Things I have been doing to be healthy

I have been thinking about my lifestyle, in the regards of exercise and the things I eat. I am not the best person to talk about it but since I moved in with my husband, my eating and exercise habits took a 360 degree turn!

Before I moved in with my husband my diet was different. I didn't have much access to fast food and I know for a fact that my mom cooked as healthy as she could because we spent a lot of time at healthy stores, like Sprouts, Trader Joes, and other organic stores like that. She wasn't scared to try new food, oh how I miss her food. Anyway, after I moved in with my husband that all changed. I am not saying that I don't like the food here or anything, but the diet is different. For as long as I have been here there is always sweet bread at home, if there isn't we have to bring some home.

My mother in law cooks once in a while but the food available to cook isn't always chicken, it is usually red meat and food like that. I don't make that much money so it is a little impossible to buy the types of food that I wish to cook. I mean I do buy my own groceries in a while but I can't buy my stuff at all times. One of my favorite things to cook is by the way, baked chicken.

The point of this post though is that I have made a deal with myself that I am going to try really hard to go back to the weight I was before I moved in. I am going to try to find ways to eat healthier and have a healthier lifestyle
, I know that is going to be a hard thing to do but I know there are little things that I can change and they would make a difference for sure. For example, my husband and I have been going to the gym for a while now and I am sure that doing that helps with our weight. If any of you are interested I will list the little things I have been trying to change and the things I will start doing to begin my healthier lifestyle.

The things I have been doing to try to be healthier:
  • I stopped drinking any soda, only water. If I want to drink something other than water I use flavor drops or make flavored water. (I try to drink at least 2 of the smart water containers of water)
  • I have stopped eating chips, chocolate bars, and candy. If I am craving something sweet I eat some fruit.
  • For the last couple of weeks as soon as I wake up I do about 15 minutes of exercise, targeting the parts of my body I want to work on. (I do this besides the gym)
  • Going to the gym for an hour to two hours a day, at least 3 days a week.
  • Smoothies. I have been loving to make smoothies. Right now I have been really liking strawberry banana smoothies.
  • Instead of having cereal or bread for breakfast I have been trying to eat oatmeal instead.

The way I have been keeping myself motivated is the clothes. I want to go on a shopping spree, but I don't want to do it until I have lost the amount of weight I want to lose. For now I have been saving money and hopefully I will lose enough weight for the summer.

Good luck to you and good luck to me!
Andy

5 comments:

  1. That's an excellent way to keep you on track lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Andy !I'm very proud of you :D!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. share your strawberry banana smoothie recipe with me ;D yes
    -Ps.Good Luck Andy \[^.^]/

    ReplyDelete