Thursday, May 13, 2010

Colors everywhere!!! :)

Have you ever put on a colored shirt and wondered what the color meant? I don't know, but I know I have. I wonder if there is a message that I am sending and ask myself, "what am I telling people with what I wear?"
I have heard a couple times that one dresses the way that they feel. I started observing my friends, my parents, my sister, and even sometimes myself. I realized that on days that I didn't feel well, I dressed in a lazy way, and on days that i felt happy or excited I took my time getting dressed and made sure I dressed in a good way. Anyways, we are not talking about the way you dress, we are talking about what colors mean.

So, well whats your favorite color? Blue, purple, white, yellow?

I did some researching, and found out what many colors mean:
***
R E D
This color is the color of love vs hate, and good and evil. It can be seen from both sides, it can mean love, but it can lead to violence. So what would it be for you?
***

O R A N G E
This is the color of strength and endurance. Orange is the color of the fall, and it is a warm feeling the one it gives, ending the summer, but showing the beginning of winter.

***
P U R P L E
This color is a color of royalty, luxury and wealth. Purple is either loved or hated. It is a combination of blue and red. Sometimes, purple can be associated with nobility and spirituality, and it is often referred to as the mysterious color.
***
B L U E
Blue is a color that is associated with trust and loyalty. This is the color of the sky and the ocean. It is also associated with depth ad stability. However, how often does blue signify a sad color. When you are depressed, are you blue?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
***
G R E E N
When you think of green don't you think of nature, the trees, the environment. This color stands for growth, peace, and it is really often associated with money. This color is also a relaxing color and therefore, many hospital walls are painted green.

...
***
Y E L L O W
This color is the color of the sun, "sunshine." It is associated with the purest energy, joy, happiness. Yellow is the warm color, and it often "arouses cheerfulness."
***
.
.
W H I T E
White is the color of good, the innocent side of you. It is considered and looked at as the perfect color. It is usually looked at in the most positive way and means to be safe and pure. The good side of you.

.
.
.
.

****
B L A C K
This color is the evil color, the bad in you, in contrast with white. However it is usually a color associated with power and elegance. This is a negative color and therefore it is also associated with death, evil and mystery. Black is often looked at as the color of fear and the unknown.
***
.
.
.
So, what would your favorite color be?
Sources:

1 comment:

  1. Kitty says: Love all the pics,bright and colorful and i like the info on colors!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete