Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wats up w all da txting!?

Well, I use my cell phone all the time. Yeah, pretty much, except for when my dad comes home and takes it away. A little while I came to realize, it was just a few years ago that texting, computers, and all this new technology was not really used. Can you say that cell phones and texting became popular over night? I have no idea. However I do remember how I started texting. I also remember what a big deal it was if you had a cell phone. My dad just gave me his old cell and told me: "you've got only 300 texts a month." Even though now to me 300 texts are a really small amount, back then it was enough. Sometime last year my dad decided to upgrade my plan to unlimited, and I got myself a rumor.
A few months after that, the bill came in. Lol. As soon as my dad saw it, he knew I was in trouble. I had over 3, 000 texts that month. My dad then took my cell and didnt give it back in a really long time (that is what I call a week).
Well anyways, I cant remember when, maybe before last christmas, my dad canceled our plan and put it on hold so we could save money. That meant no more cell phone, or at least no more texting. Can you imagine having your cell phone in front of you and not being able to use it. Ugh, it was so much pain!!! ^o^ haha, after a while I got used to it. I realized I had alot more time. I actually got to finish a couple books in the time that I couldnt text. I went back to many of my stories, and wrote a couple poems. I had alot of time. So! My world did not end. I was okay at the end of the day, and I no longer wished to grab my cell and text everysingle day.
The day when my dad activated our cells again came soon. I remember that day.....
"Andy!" my dad screamed across the living room, "where is your cell? Im going to activate it!"
I felt my heart jump! hahaha, i was getting it back. It took me less than 20 seconds to get it and bring it to my dad. He called the company and the day after I would have texting again. My dream soon ended though...
"Andy, I didnt activate it for you, I need it for my job," he said and I felt my heart sink. "You can use it in the day, but as soon as I came home it is mine," he told me. It wasnt bad though, I had gone without a cell for a long time, I could live like this for a while. :)
So yeah...
Now I want to know whether you can live without a cell, can you?? lol..I wonder, would you be able to stop if you wanted?

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I can live without my cell but it'll just be harder to keep in touch with my friends and you hahaha and i'm sure you know who this is=] but yes yes I can live without my cell but now musicXD haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitty saya: wow text freak :}, i probably wouldn't be that crazy to text but that's why i don't have a life lol, anyone can stop texting they just need to follow the text-a-holic steps.

    ReplyDelete