Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thirteen Reasons Why

Suicide is a really hard and sensitive topic to cover, specially in books. In thirteen reasons why, Jay Asher does a really good job telling a tale of a tragedy.

Here is a summary from the book:
Clay Jensen's first love records her last words.

Clay Jensen returns home form school to find a strange package with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker-his classmate and crush-who committed suicide two weeks earlier.

Hannah's voice tells him that they are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens,he'll find out how.

Clay spend the night crisscrossing his town with Hannah as his guide. He becomes a first-hand witness to Hannah's pain,and learns the truth about himself-a truth he never wanted to face.

I thought that this was a great read, it takes us through the mind and problems that many teenagers have, and shows us her emotional side point of view. I think you should read it if you haven't already. It will open the eyes of many and many will relate I am sure. When I was reading it I felt like I was in Jay's skin and bones. This book brought a lot of emotions. I cried, I laughed, I screamed at it, oh sheesh, and I don't know what more. I might be an emotional person, but books have to have a lot to make me cry. So pick it up, I am sure you wont be able to put it down. I finished it in two days, it is a page turner.

No comments:

Post a Comment