Monday, May 10, 2010

My life on the road....

My dad has been talking about moving, again. He seems to be really considering the option, actually. Arizona, Arkansas.... ugh, I think he mentioned Texas too. He seems to be tired of California. He really wants to change. I wouldn't mind it, but there is things that I would have to let go of. Things that I have gotten attached to. My friends, my close relatives, my school, my future basically....

Well ever since i can remember, my family has been moving from place to place. I feel like a nomad... I've been to some places that you wouldnt believe. I was born in California, and after a few years we moved to TJ, there I grew up. I learned to talk, and I was social, I actually had many friends and I really liked it there. However, then my dad thought it was time to move. He made up his mind and we moved to Michoacan, Mexico. There I was enrolled to a really different elementary than the one I had been raised with. A catholic Private all girl school. name? El Colegio Miguel Hidalgo. Well there I at least had my cousins to make me company, but I had a really hard time regardless.
After my little new experience in Michoacan(like a year), we moved back to TJ, where I came back to my normal life again. There were things that had changed, new people that I had to meet, but most of the things were familiar. The teachers, my friends, my house... I actually thought that everything had frozen in time and I came back and fit in like a puzzle. My happiness didnt last though. My little perfect world was soon to change. Again!


My dad wanted to move to the United States, after all that was were everything had started. The US was were everyone else was going. He had a good job and had somewhere for us to stay. We were moving to Las Vegas, Nevada. I can still remember all the tears I shed for all my friends, how they treated me goodbye, and how they told me they would never forget me. To this day I am still in touch with them, and I wont lose the connection I still hold to my childhood memories.

Well, it took a few weeks for us to get settled in Vegas-the sin city!!! At first it was great, a new experience, sure! An adventure, why not?......... Easy? Not a chance..... I was enrolled in an elementary school were everyone was talking english. I had no clue what anyone said. I couldnt communicate, I couldnt make friends, it was the hardest thing to imagine. I felt like I was in another planet. In class I didnt really do anything, the teacher just gave me books to look at and papers were to write in. There was this one girl though, she was really nice and she had gone through what I was going through a few years back. She knew english really well though, but she knew spanish too. So soon she became my best friend. I was getting my life back again. You wouldnt imagine what happend next.... haha, no you can probably infer....

Yeah, we were moving again.....

I am not sure what had happend to my dad's job. We had only lived in Vegas for a few months, and he informed us that we were moving to LA. Where three of his brothers lived. I had not gotten attached to the people as I had been in TJ, but it was just a little hard. Easier than the first time though. We ended up going and living with one of my dad's brother. The dad of my best friend, my cousin Lupita!! Who I love, and have not been pulled from. <3>

Well, I dont think we lasted even a couple months in LA, because I didnt finish my fifth grade year there. We moved again before the year was half way done. After the last move, we've been here for the last five years, which is great and bad for many reasons. Here I learned english, I tried my best in school and made many friends. It took me a long time before I had real friends because many of my early friends didnt like me and just put up with me because I wouldnt go away. lol. Well at least that is what I think. I apologize to all of them if I am wrong, but that is just the way I feel. Then came middle school, where I met all the friends I have now. One in particular who wouldnt be my friend now if I hadnt stuck on her like gum. Now we just look back at it and think. "What an annoying person I was!" ^o^
Now the bad thing about it..... If we move again, its going to be like the first time. Like the first time this ever happend. I'm going to have to say bye to all my close friends. I'm going to shed many tears again, and I am going to have to let go of all the important people in my life... It is going to hurt, that is all I know.
So.... Like I said before, I really dont mind moving, it just takes "a lot out of me." I am used to it, Ive done it so many times I dont think it would be any different than all those other times. Just as hurtful and just as hard. If my dad decides to move, I am not going to say no, I am not going to object, because over the years we have lived here, he had told us we were going to move a couple times, what am I saying???! Alot of times, and at the end it doesnt happen. At the end of the day, I realize, my dad wants to experience new things, and see new horizons. I dont mind, I'll follow him, its not my only choice, but I love him and I want to stand by his side.
Another experience would be nice. A new begining, a new adventure, a change........
So whether we move or not....... We'll see, everything happens for a reason right???

1 comment:

  1. Omg... Andy!!! I read everything u wr0te and im the 0ne wh0 shred int0 tears... I d0nt want u to leave my side i l0ve both u and your family... And if u leave my heart would be broken and n0 glue can fix it

    Posted by ღ♥ t!ta♥ღ on May 10, 2010 - Monday - 10:04 PM

    ReplyDelete