Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Before I die

On Monday, my mom took us to the library and I checked out two books! TWO!!! I could have gotten more huh? Oh well, anyway. One of them is called Before I die. It was such a good book, I finished in one day! I was really amazed at myself.

Here is the summary just so you have an idea of what its about:
"It's really going to happen. They said it would, but this is quicker than I thought"
Everyone has to die. We all know it. 
  With only a few months of life left, sixteen-year old Tessa knows it better than most.
  She's made a list, though - ten thing she wants to do before she dies. Number one is sex. Starting tonight. 
  But getting what you want isn't easy. And getting what you want doesn't always give you what you need. And sometimes the most unexpected things became important.
  Uplifting, life-affirming, joyous -  this extraordinary novel celebrates what is to be alive by confronting what it's really like to die.

This book was really good, I really did love it. I have to admit, it was worth all the tears I shed. You should have seen my sister last night, I was reading the ending and she was laughing at me. Aw. I guess that's just me. Many things make me cry. O well.
This book was really great. I laughed with it, it made me mad, happy, ugh and it made me cry! It also showed me that sometimes we don't have enough time to do what we want and we just don't realize. We need to take and use every single minute of our lives and do every thing we want to do.
So, if you have time, you want a new read. This might be a good book to pick up. :-)
-Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment