Thursday, July 1, 2010

Under the Same Moon

Today I saw the movie Under the Same Moon for the second time. You know something, I found out that it is and will always be a really sad and inspiring movie. I also found out, that when tears start, it is usually very hard to make them stop. I say that from personal expirience. haha. After watching the movie for the second time I should now
Here is the summary that I got from imdb.com :
A boy living in Mexico crosses the Mexican/US Border to reunite with his mother. UNDER THE SAME MOON (LA MISMA LUNA) tells the parallel stories of nine-year-old Carlitos and his mother, Rosario. In the hopes of providing a better life for her son, Rosario works illegally in the U.S. while her mother cares for Carlitos back in Mexico. Unexpected circumstances drive both Rosario and Carlitos to embark on their own journeys in a desperate attempt to reunite. Along the way, mother and son face challenges and obstacles but never lose hope that they will one day be together again. Written by Fox Searchlight
I believe that is a really good movie, and it teaches to learn to appreaciate what many people go through for your own good. As I saw this movie, I thought about many of my own experiences, or as I should say my parent's. I just will say, I really enjoyed watching this, even though, I really didnt like what Derbez did at the end. That is what really made me cry. However, that is all I will say. If you've seen it you know what I am talking about, if not, you should watch it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment