Monday, September 13, 2010

My little sister, and her ways.... *Sigh* (The things about divorce)

The other day I was talking to my mom, just about random things, when she started talking about my sister. I thought it was nothing important, but that was before I actually listened.

Apparently, my mom had a very serious conversation with my sister. My mom told her, or somehow tried to explain what would happen if she and my dad got a divorce. She said that she explained the whole "We can't be together anymore" thing. My sister didn't say anything, and listened, but my mom said that at one point my sister got really frustrated with her. She started telling her that if they got a divorce she would kill herself. That she wouldn't take it. So, from this I got many things, because my parents have talked to me about divorce before, and I always thought about that one option, but never told anyone about it, instead I kept it inside. Besides, it wasn't like I would ever do it, unless things went really bad.

Anyway, my little sister actually told them how she felt, and I believe that it was her who got them to stay together. Just because of that little threat, when in reality, she's told me that if they get divorced, she'd come and live with me (When I'm over 18).

Divorce is a really hard thing to go through, but I don't think it should cause anyone to take such drastic measures. It happens to many people, who have every right to go for that, the problem comes when the only thing keeping a couple together in a relationship is their kids. I mean if there is no love, what is there? Nothing, because love is what keeps a family together. Don't you think? Yeah, the kids are important, I get that, but they'll get through it eventually. On the other side, how can a married couple raise a happy family when they can't even stand each other or get along.

That's just my point of view. I know for a fact, that parents that are constantly fighting and making life harder without admitting that they don't love each other anymore are harder to bare than parents not living together. I've lived like this for the last few years, and I am telling you it hurts a lot more to have to listen to all those fights and arguments than it would to just watch them split up. If it had been up to me, I'd been thankful if my parents had gotten a divorce a long time ago. Or if they could just fix their problems and make life easier for us, that would have been the best thing ever.

I'll just have to keep living with it,
Annie♥

No comments:

Post a Comment