Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I got a tattoo yesterday, want to know about it?

Today I am supposed to talk about what is going on in my life, so I am going to talk about the tattoo I got yesterday.

I have always wanted a tattoo, I always found them attractive and well they are all unique and they carry so much meaning.

This is not mine, just example
About three years ago or so, I told my parents I wanted one, my dad supposedly knew some guy who did tattoos, he was a neighbor and he was going to come over to my house to give me a tattoo, I was going to get the Ying & Yang with Koi Fish instead of just the circle. Something like the picture to the left. Anyway, husband, who was my boyfriend at the time discouraged me from getting it because he knew it was dangerous to get a tattoo like that, besides, the first clue should've been that my dad scheduled it. I am actually that I didn't get that tattoo at the time because the one I got yesterday has so much more meaning than the ying yang. I mean, I would still like to get a ying yang but not as big as I was going to get it that day.

Anyway, I will share my experience. Yesterday, we woke up early because our appointment was at 11 in the morning. We got to the tattoo shop around 10:45am and our tattoo artist was ready. Honestly, I really like our tattoo artist, he made us feel really comfortable. He showed us the drawing he made for my tattoo and then made the stencil. It seemed really small when he showed it to us and it was really nice, he was able to turn the drawing my husband did to an amazing and flattering tattoo. Did I forget to mention that my husband designed my tattoo? He drew me a picture of something that incorporated the things that I originally wanted in my tattoo. The tree, the blue flowers, the two lotuses, the owl, and the date. My husband also added something that defines me personally, the swing. That symbolizes my young heart.

This is my tattoo, it is approximately 1/4 of my back
The meaning of my tattoo is simple and complex at the same time. The tree in itself symbolizes life, the owl is for wisdom and since it's cute and not like a normal owl it is also for my silliness, like the swing. The date on the bottom is 12/25/10 which is the day that my husband and I started to date, the two lotuses on the swing symbolize my sister and I, they stand for how we have prospered through the bad things that are found in our life.

So there you guys have it, my new tattoo. It actually still hurts really bad and you guys can see the redness on my skin still. It is no longer swollen though. I thought it was going to hurt really bad but I guess you can compare the tattoo pain to someone scratching your back without stopping and then scratching over the scratching. Do you know what I mean? That's how it felt, I mean it is not like terrible pain, but as long as you are brave enough you can take it. Come on! If I was able to sit through four and a half hours of scratching in my back you can too.

Happy,
Andy

PS. I know that there is much controversy with tattoos. I am thinking I'll write another post on that later.

2 comments: