Saturday, April 12, 2014

What happens when you marry into a family?

I don't know what happens to you... but I can tell you what happened to me...


When I decided that I wanted to move in what boyfriend. It wasn't just a decision I had to make by myself. Since I was moving in with his family, he had to talk to his family and I had to talk to his family. It was like if we got married at the moment I moved in because my husband's family started to introduce me to everyone as his wife. I didn't mind, but I knew they wanted us to get married ASAP.

After a couple of months I got used to it and now that we are married, nothing has really changed with my husbands family because they already treated us like if we were married before.

Anyway, point of the story. When I moved in, I left my former family behind. I mean, my parents are still my parents, my sister is still my sister, but they are no longer the family that knows every single thing about me and my days. For example, they are not the ones I have to report to, to tell that I am going to be home late, for that I have to tell my husband. I mean they know what's going on in my life but they don't know every single detail of my life...

Also, when I decided to be adopted into this family, I also obtained new brothers in law, who are my husbands brothers. Honestly, I miss my sister because hanging out with them is not the same as hanging out with my sister. However, they are a cool pair. I mean, I see them as my little brothers. We play video games, we talk, and we hangout often... It is like what I used to do with my sister but different. I don't know if I am making any sense...

Well, those are just a couple of things that happen when you decide to marry into a family. I mean, you are marrying your husband or wife and not necessarily a family, maybe you don't even know your significant other's family, but you have to keep in mind that after you marry your husband, his family becomes your family and your family becomes his. Specially if you two still live at home with one of the parents... I am not saying that's wrong... I promise you'll move out eventually :)

Happy Saturday!
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment