Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My Relationship with my husband

It has been a little over a week since I got married.

I know I talked about this before in another post but I am finally coming through and telling you guys how this wedding went. I am not just going to talk about the wedding, but more about the relationship that I carry with my newly husband. How we came to be how we are, because in my honest opinion I believe that we have a beautiful relationship.

On March 28, 2014, Manuel and I got married at the local courthouse of my town. We have been in a relationship for 3 years and 3 months, we have been living together for about a year and half, and now we have been married for about a week.

Before we started dating, when we just starting to talk to each other, my parents discouraged me from going out with him. They came up with excuses to tell me, that I would stop going to school, that my responsibilities would grow, they even made up a fake girlfriend for Manuel. I still don't understand why they would go through all this trouble just so I wouldn't date him.

This happened on the winter of 2010. Anyway, he asked me out on a date. We went out on a winter night, watched TRON and then went to eat some Carl's Jr. That was our very first date. Not as girlfriend and boyfriend but just a date. We spent hours texting and messaging each other on myspace and facebook. I guess you could say that's normal.

We didn't spend Christmas Eve together though, but we did talk to each other over text that entire night and when the clock hit midnight he told me that Santa had put him on my Christmas wish list. I was the happiest girl! So yea, that's how we become a couple. Even though the first couple of months we were just friends because we didn't really hold hands or kiss until that March 2011. Point is we got to know each other for quite a while. He asked me to marry him on our first anniversary. Of course I said yes, but we agreed that we would wait a while before actually getting married. I was ecstatic! I mean, honestly at the time I was not thinking about marriage but well I did (still do) love him.

The following year we spent getting to know each other more and more.... we spoke about moving in together, as dream of the future, but never as a matter of fact. However, around the time I was going to graduate my parents started the divorce paperwork.... This was a very heartbreaking and sad time in my life. Even though I was the one that pushed my mom to go for the divorce, it broke my heart that my parents were splitting up. My mom gave me her reasons and told me everything that was going on between her and my dad. Honestly, I kind of wish that she wouldn't have done that... I would have been better off if she had left things out because well now I hold a grudge against my dad. I can never take that back. Not the point of the story!!!!

I didn't want to move in with my mom and I didn't want to stay with my dad after the divorce. Manuel offered that I move in with him. Around November 2012 is when I moved in with him. Both our parents wanted us to get married right away, but we decided that we wanted to live together and see how we would get along under the same roof because living together is much different than just dating each other. I know that everyone criticized us at first. They said that we wouldn't last and that we wouldn't get married and look at us now. They also said we wouldn't go to school, and we are going to school. I mean we skipped a semester this year but that was because we couldn't afford school and a wedding.

Back to my point..... Manuel and I have a great relationship because we were patient and we didn't get married right away. I feel like the way our relationship developed helped be the couple we are today. We aren't really just a couple, we are each other's best friend, we are lovers, we treat each other like friends and love each other like husband and wife, we argue, yes, but that's okay, only once in a while.

So yea.... I love the fact that I married my best friend.... I'll let you guys know how it moves along :)

-With love,
Mrs. Andy S.

No comments:

Post a Comment