Monday, April 21, 2014

Switched at Birth review

Today is TV Show or movie review and since I have successfully discussed Supernatural I decided I wanted to talk about another show of my liking. Switched at Birth. I don't know how many of you have heard of it but it is a really nice show, I remember seeing billboards everywhere at the malls when it first came out, but I never wanted to watch it, it just didn't captivate  my attention.

A couple of months after we got Netflix at home (Yes I am a very high Netflix fan, honestly I don't think I can live without it), I found it roaming through the Netflix selection, me and my husband decided to give it a try. I saw the first episode and I was hooked, my husband not so much. It could be because it is a more girly show. Anyway, I should give you a synopsis, but I am not going to kill it for you guys.

Naturally, this show is about two girls that get switched right after birth, a Hispanic girl and a Caucasian girl. The Hispanic, who's name is Bay, grows up with the other girl's family and vice versa. The other girl's name is Daphne. I can't remember how old they are when they find out they were switched but point is they find one another and their parents are upset both of the girls' parents want both the girls. Daphne is deaf by the way, this is one of the parts of this show that hooked me because there is a good amount of the show done just in hand language, don't let this stop you from watching it though, there are always subtitles!

Back on track, the TV show follows the two girls as the try to fit in their new lives and well things get intense with the clash of cultures. So you guys definitely have to check it out.

I loved it and I can't wait until more episodes are loaded onto Netflix,
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment