Friday, April 18, 2014

Why I have a crazy obsession with owls?

If you were to walk into my room and look around you could literally count over 10, but that is counting only the visible ones. I probably have over 20 owls floating around.

Oh, just for the record, I think this is going to be more like a little story. Since Manny didn't get a chance to write today I chose something that I know will make him smile a little :)

When I first starting obtaining owls I didn't know I was going to end up having so many. Right now, at this moment I have no desire to buy more owls, but before, it was crazy. Like, anything I saw that had an owl I had to have, I still think owls are so pretty but I don't lunge at every chance I get to buy one like before (maybe it is because you don't have money Andy!).

My husband used to ask me this all the time when my owl obsession was going on and I didn't realize why until recently. He would ask me what my favorite animal is, to this day whenever I hear that question, giraffe pops up in my head. I believe that is my favorite animal, but I didn't realize that Manny kept asking me that because he was waiting for the day that I finally said owl.

One day, he did ask me and I stopped to think about it and I realized, maybe it is not giraffe anymore. He laughed all that day, and mocked me about it. But hey, I think it is okay to have little obsessions like that, they make people happy. I mean I don't want to become the crazy cat lady that loves owls instead of cats.

I think I like owls a lot because of Harry Potter, Winnie the Pooh, and Legend of the Guardians. I mean I always had a thing for Harry's owl, and I really think that owls symbolize wisdom because of the intelligent owl that comes out in the Winnie the Pooh series. Oh, Legend of the Guardians just made owls look a bunch of more times cooler than they already were in my eyes. So there you guys have it, this is why I love owls so much :)

Andy


PS. Check out my impressions on the Legend of the Guardians Movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment