Tuesday, April 29, 2014

On family matters...

I am not sure how to start this post, I have been debating on it since this morning and I couldn't come up with something decent, or interesting so I am just going to "wing it" like my husband would say.

My life hasn't been too interesting lately. There are still my family problems, like my parents' divorce and stuff, but I hate to talk about those because they just end up bringing me down.

Last weekend we hanged out with some of my cousins in law and went to the movies. That was fun but it got me thinking.. What ever happened to my cousins. My very best friend in childhood is my cousin but I don't know what is going on in her life. She got married, I know that but I just don't see her anymore. I got married too and I would love to see her anyway, but I don't think that is going to happen.

My other cousin, Mickey, well from what I hear he will be moving away soon, so that is that. I find it hard to believe that I don't have that connection I once had with my family, I understand that I married into a new family and I adapted and don't get me wrong, I love my new family, all my new cousins, all my new relatives. However, it just reminds me how when I was growing up my closest family members were on my dad's side, I wonder if that is going to happen to my kids? I wouldn't mind, it is just a thought...

Anyway, way of topic... I had fun with my cousins' in law and my husband. I enjoy spending time with them and I know it makes my husband happy, so that is fine, I just hope I can spend more time with the family I grew up with as well.... I hope I never stop seeing my cousins, my parents and my little sister whom I adore and love deeply.

Andy

2 comments: